Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Love Story {House of Love in Guilin, China}



"I'm only one. 
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to
do the something that I can do."
~ Edward Everett Hale



Gail Blog Post 1


Gail Blog Post 2



Gail Blog Post 7




Gail Blog Post 4








Gail Blog Post 3



Gail Blog Post 10



Gail Blog Post 8


Gail Blog Post 11


Gail Blog Post 9



Gail Blog Post 12

Gail Blog Post 6


"Let go of your ambitions, 
Come, let's change the world." 

 ~ Saint Frances Xavier

Gail Blog Post 13


Can you fall in love with a person through a photo?

It was a year ago exactly that I was asked to be a photo editor for An Orphan's Wish.
Every month a pool of new photos come in from China that I choose from to post on the home page,and other areas of the web site.
 It took me a few months to put 50 children's names to faces, but
with time it was easy to see each child's individual personality shine through very clearly. In the last year
 I've grown to love these children...each and every one.


Last week I was blessed to travel to Guilin, Guangxi, China with An Orphan's Wish U.S. director, Lee Ann Mill. We spent the week getting to know
 the 52 children that reside at the House of Love.
 I saw that they really are one big family of brothers and sisters of all ages. 
They play, laugh, have fun, help one other, learn, sometimes argue (and forgive), and
they absolutely adore each other.
 I learned that each child's story of how they came to live
 at the House of Love was compelling
and one of survival, bravery and eventually healing of both their physical body and soul. 
They are loved deeply and are learning to love.


I think the surprising part (for me) was that I came to capture them with my camera and now they've captured my heart. 
They've given me a gift that is profound and life changing, 
and for that I'll be forever grateful.

I invite you to gaze at their faces and open your heart to your own love story 
with each of these amazingly beautiful children.




Thank you to Brian, Kirsten, Gabi and Lily Trower for all that you do!
I'll continue to post from time to time about the House of Love.




13 comments:

Chris said...

LOVE these pictures, Gail!

You really captured the essence of what the AOW is all about!

LeeAnn said...

LOVE......absolutely beautiful!! :)

xoxoxox

A&M said...

You capture the heart of An Orphan's Wish's house of love amazingly. Those quiet loving moments, those family moments. "I'm only one. But still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something" is perfect. Andy & Mia x

Steffie B. said...

I'm speechless because I know exactly what you are going through......xoxo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

GORGEOUS images Gail!!! I could feel the emotion in each and every one. I cannot imagine the range of emotions that were involved during your week there and how hard it must have been to jump on that plane to come home. Hopefully these beautiful little ones will find loving forever families.....and just maybe a few of them will find their families because of a photos that you took during your trip:) What an incredible journey and experience. Cannot wait to see more.

Shay Ankerich said...

Gorgeous children and LOVE every single photo- CAN NOT WAIT TO GET TO CHINA!!! Love that you were able to go!!! I pray their family seems them and brings them home. XOXOXO Love and miss you! Hope jet lag is going away!!!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

stunning, beautiful, amazing and so heart felt. your talent shows through your generous, loving heart.

lea
xo

Maureen said...

Love the beautiful pics and our kids!!!!

Patty Fouts said...

Gail, your photography has brought a different light to An Orphans Wish that I haven't seen in the last year... you have captured an amazing story of love and it is an honor to see this and all that God is doing through Brian, Kirsten and their girls.

Thank you for sharing your photos, they are absolutely breathtaking!

Kim said...

Wow! Just beautiful! Each one pulls at the heart strings. Hannah is from Guangxi so I have a special place in my heart for them. I'd adopt them all! Tears flowing!

NinaLenore said...

Oh I LOVE these pictures!! I sponsor a baby boy there, is there somewhere they you might have more pictures so that I could look for him in one? (I'm anxiously awaiting an update and would love to see how big he's grown!)

Natasha said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pictures and your thoughts.

Robin said...

Beautiful Gail!! Each picture is full of emotion and tells a beautiful story for the smiles that each little one has....thank you for taking me along with you on your journey!!

Robin

Post a Comment

 
© A Mother's Art Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs