Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Welcome Little One {House of Love, Guilin, China}





I've been home only 3 weeks, and the memories of my time in China are still fresh... this was my introduction to the House of Love. 

Philip 2 



We arrived at our destination bright and early on a Monday morning.
I was a little nervous, probably because I didn't know what to expect.
I didn't know(at the time) that my first experiences with several of the children
at the House of Love would be profound. 
This was one of them. 


Philip 1

You enter this place through a front gate that leads into a courtyard and
there are beautiful green doors on all the rooms facing it.
You could hear the sound of children laughing nearby.
We were led into the office where we were 
surprised to see 2 caregivers from different orphanages sitting in chairs,
each holding a young child (one a toddler, the other an infant).
Two new little ones had arrived at the House of Love!



Philip 3

Lee Ann and I followed Kirsten (the House of Love's director) and her daughters
Gabi and Lily upstairs to observe the process of 'admitting' a child.
I followed the baby boy.
His vital stats were taken, including his measurements and weight, then
a physical exam, noting any medical issues and his nutritional status.
I was impressed by how thorough they were with the exam and 
how lovingly he was handled and held.
After he got settled I was asked if I'd like to feed this new
little boy and was handed a bottle.
Who would have thought that within 45 minutes of walking through the gates
of this place, I'd be feeding this precious baby boy his first bottle?
It was a moving experience and connected me to him immediately.

 I was humbled holding this child...


Philip 4

My husband and I already were sponsors to Brad and I asked Lee Ann
if we could sponsor this little one too.
Lee Ann asked if I'd like to name him - and as that is an important responsibility,
 I wanted 
to think of one that would fit.
After some thought, I named him "Philip," after my youngest brother.

Every day we were at the House of Love was a busy one,
but I always managed to find a way to go and check on little Philip.
He was doing great by the way!
On our final day there, I held him one last time.
I prayed that his clubfoot casting went well and that a forever family
would adopt him soon. He is a wonderful child and I believe that will
happen in time.

The House of Love exists solely because of donations and sponsorships
of the amazing children that live there.
Please consider sponsoring and make a difference in a child's life!

~ Thank you

Gail

7 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful Gail......xoxo

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

OH Gail...this little guy is the one that caught my eye last week when I was looking to sponsor...I just can't stop thinking about him. What a great experience and blessing you received by getting to assist! Next time, I want to come along!

Shay Ankerich said...

Precious precious baby and when we are back home I am going to sponsor a little one too!!! blessings and love!

Love Letters To China said...

Oh my.... He's precious. You know exactly how these little boys get inside my heart. :-)

xoxo

Eva said...

What an incredible opportunity you have been blessed with. Little Philip is just precious. These images pierce my heart. Just beautiful!

Terri said...

Little Philip Is such a love bug! What an awesome experience!

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

What an amazing thing to be a part of Gail. I love that you had the honor of naming him.

Hope all is well. You are on my mind all the time. Miss seeing the kids. Big Hugs!!! Hope you all have a joyous Thanksgiving & holiday season.

Post a Comment

 
© A Mother's Art Photography

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs